REO Speedwagon F.A.Q.
Here's where you can find the answers to your
Questions about REO Speedwagon
Return to More Info Page
- Where did the band get its name ?
The REO Speedwagon was a
built in the early 1900's.
It was the fastest and strongest of its day and often used as a fire truck.
It's builder, Ransom Eli Olds (note the initials), also founded Oldsmobile.
- What is Gary Richrath doing these days ?
Gary is living in California and still on friendly terms with REO.
He released a solo CD a few years ago and sometimes tours with his own band.
- What about Alan Gratzer ?
Alan lives in Santa Barbara, California, where he and his wife own a
ceramics company. They specialize in upscale dinnerware. He is still close
with the band, and has occasionally made a guest appearance.
- Gregg Philbin ?
Gregg and his brother run a family business in Florida.
He still plays the bass (just for fun) in a local band.
- How did REO get started ?
- What band influenced REO the most ?
- Where do the members of REO live today ?
- Why were there two videos for "Can't Fight This Feeling"
MTV made one themselves as part of a special on the making of the album.
The band, as usual, made one of their own. When the song went #1 , MTV
decided to air them both.
- Where is 157 Riverside Avenue ?
- Where can I get old REO videos ?
is available through Sony Music Video.
Released in 1990 (catalog # 19V-49104), it contains 16 videos.Some
are concert footage and others were made for MTV. A video of the 1985
Wheels Are Turnin'
tour is also available.
- What is the band's office address ?
15003 Greenleaf Street
Sherman Oaks, Ca. 91403
- Is the very first REO album available on CD ?
No - because it is out of print.If you have it in any form,
hang on to it - it is now a collector's item.
- Where can I find the "Best Foot Forward" album ?
This album was released only in Europe and the U.K.
you can order it from CD Europe here :
- Has REO written any songs for films ?
Kevin wrote "Wherever You're Goin'" for the movie "Goonies".Also,
he originally wrote "New Way To Love" for "Top Gun",
but kept it for the album "Life As We Know It" instead.
- What is Mike Murphy doing these days ?
He is still active in music and has worked with several groups,
including Billy Vera and Seals & Crofts.
- Where has REO performed other than the States ?
Argentina, Belgium, Cayman Islands, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Ecuador, England, Germany, Holland,
Ireland, Japan, Mexico, Northern Ireland, Puerto Rico, Scotland, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad, Uruguay
- Where is Terry Luttrell ?
He still lives in Champaign, Illinois and is occasionally involved in a music project.
- Where can I find REO sheet music ?
An anthology of REO songs was released by Warner Brothers Publishing - Catalog # VS0910. A larger music or record store may have it or be able to order it. Some individual albums also had sheet music published by the same company.
Return to More Info Page